This is the oldest church in Stanford and was built around 1880. The Moore family carved some of the pews and the pulpit and the material for the thatch roof came from the surrounding area. In 1892 the Bishop of Cape Town gave permission that weddings could be performed in the chapel. The church did not have a resident minister and was served by the Anglican minister from Caledon. One of the most touching traditions takes place early morning on Easter Sunday, when the congregation walks singing through the streets of Stanford to put flowers on the graves of loved ones.